Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

Lead

May 20 12 5:11 AM

Tags : :

My Dallas Mavericks are done but there are some interesting things happening in the league.

I see no one beating the Spurs or Thunder except each other. Every other team looks mortal but these two are the head of the league.

Miami and the Lakers are imploding.

Wade goes off on the coach while having one of the worst post seasons on his resume. Seems the fans in Miami are now starting to realize that Dwayne can do wrong. This after blaming everything on Lebron. Wade's response to sucking so bad? Blame the coach and go after him during the game. Couldn't happen to a bigger creep.

The Lakers? One thing we can dispense with is the idea of the league loving the Lakers. First in the off season they blocked the Chris Paul deal and the topper may have been making them play back to back. Funny the Pacers had three days between home games and the Lakers go back to back?

But...

There is no pity for how the Lakers respond to sucking. Only Kobe Bryant would go 2-9 in the fourth quarter and the call out his teammate Pau Gasol as the reason they loss. Never mind that Kobe is shooting 42% and 24% on threes, to his eye it is always someone else's fault. This it the same guy who ran Shack out of town. Mind you Gasol sucks as well but it takes huge balls to suck so bad and then blame another player...If I were the Lakers, I would amnesty Bryant and bring Deron Williams.

I could talk of Indiana, Boston or the other teams but they are boring so I don't care. The Spurs, who haven't lost a game in the post season, are so boring that the league dreads another Spur anyone match up..

For screwing up my NBA season I say the league deserves Spurs vs Pacers in the finals. No one would watch, preferring a nice WNBA game instead.

Next year bitches.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

varsity

General Manager

#1 [url]

May 20 12 4:32 PM

I agree about the Spurs and Thunder.  One of them will be champs.  I don't rule the Heat out like you do as they still have talent that on any given day could show up and beat you.  Miami is supposed to be the most talented team, but they continue to not perform.

The Lakers aren't sucking.  They are in a dogfight with a better team.  Any your ignorant view on anything to do with the Lakers shows with your "Kobe blames teammates" rant.  Congrats, you can read a yahoo title.  Looks like they suckered you.  I watched the Kobe press game interview and all he did was say Pau needs to be more aggressive.  He's absolutely correct, but haters want to run with him being a bad teammate. 

"but it takes huge balls to suck so bad and then blame another player"

And it takes stupidity to see someone score 38 points and claim they suck so bad.

Both those statements are correct, but only one of them is applicable.  The Thunder are just playing like a championship team. You can call out the Lakers for sucking, despite having the last 3 games all coming down to the wire.  And the Lakers don't need any pity.  When you've won 10 championships over the last 3 decades, it's laughable to even suggest anything about pity.  We'll be just fine thanks.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#2 [url]

May 20 12 11:31 PM

Ignorant view? I guess better to be stupid like you?

Kobe was, like I wrote, 2 for 9 in the fourth quarter and yet he called out Gasol, only a idiotic fan would deny he said this

Pau's got to be more assertive."Bryant said. "He's the guy they're leaving (open). When he's catching the ball, he's looking to pass. He's got to be aggressive. He's got to shoot the ball or drive the ball to the basket. He will next game."

What part of calling someone out don't you understand? 

I am not saying Kobe is wrong in what he said but he runs his fucking head about everything and comes across to everyone as a spoiled brat. Oh, sorry he comes across to everyone who has a brain and doesn't sleep in Laker's jammies.

The Lakers were swept by the Mavs in last years playoffs and are now down 3-1 in this playoff. Keep telling yourself they don't suck. Kobe has been going down hill for a few years now. He still gets his points, but at what point? He just keeps shooting no matter what and you Laker fans just ignore the numbers, no matter how ugly.

I didn't base my post on some Yahoo article. You are the one who is in love with Yahoo. The story is everywhere but you think by writing what I read is both ignorant and stupid? Not to worry, your agony will be over soon.

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#3 [url]

May 21 12 7:35 AM

I'm not in agony.  The Lakers win enough that I can deal with it when they don't.  It's not like they had a fluke year and then got swept in the first round the following year.  I wouldn't have brought that up, except you mentioned it like it had some sort of relevance.  It doesn't.

Kobe was exactly correct in what he said.  Even you agreed on that.  People ask him questions, he answers.  Kobe's not the bullshit artist that gives these standard answers.  He wants Pau to react.  Pau needs to step it up and it's not going to be swept under a rug as long as Kobe is on the team.  He didn't call him names, he didn't criticize his ability, he simply said he needs to be aggressive.  Yeah, that's just a real slap in the face.  Or it is to those who want to believe it is and love to take something and run with it.  Your Kobe hate is laughable.

Way to combat ignorant with stupid.  Rather creative.  You come up with that yourself?

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#5 [url]

May 21 12 5:22 PM

Well, it's your right to hate whoever you want.  Just as it is my right to dispute anything I read that I believe is nonsense.  You are hateful, no doubt.  I am glad I don't harbor such hateful feelings toward anything like that.  I can't imagine that making for a very pleasant disposition.

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#7 [url]

May 22 12 9:32 AM

Well it's a basketball topic on a Cowboys Forum so such strong differences of opinions shouldn't be too surprising.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#8 [url]

May 22 12 11:30 AM

Yea..I opened up this can of worms but doing two things..

One, opening the posting to anyone and two by going after Kobe..

Last night a got a good dose of Kobe and he gave me a good dose of ShutTheFuckUp with his performance.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 22 12 1:21 PM

I don't think anybody expected the Lakers to win this year. I myself would like to see Duncan have his last Harrah, him and David Robinson were guys who always have shown or showed class. Lakers in my opinion need to make a few big decisions, getting rid of World Duffus might be a good starting point.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#10 [url]

May 22 12 2:13 PM

The Lakers can clear space easily. Amenisty Gasol and trade Bynum and they can sign anyone. It is still the Lakers and lots of players would like to play there. Think Cowboys with more rings.

The Spurs and Thunder might be one of the best series in recent memory. 

My new cry is anyone but the Heat. 

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#11 [url]

May 22 12 5:13 PM

I see Gasol being dealt, but I don't think Bynum goes anywhere.  If the Lakers didn't like him, they would've dealt him for Howard this season.  And to the guest - Metta World Duffus isn't going anywhere.  The guy is a defensive ace.  You gotta be a Lakers fan to appreciate what he brings to the table.

And I hope the Heaf fall on their face too.  As soon as I heard those 3 clowns has conspired to play together while still playing on other teams, I lost all respect for them.  Anything they accomplish will have an asterik by it IMO.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#12 [url]

May 23 12 6:27 AM

When Peace is being a basketball play he is one of the best. Plus, watching the flagrant fouls, especially by Miami, how the hell are those two guys not thrown out and suspended? Looks again like the league is in bed to assure the Heat make the finals..

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

May 23 12 10:43 AM

It would be great fun to watch the celtics and heat beat the crap out of each other. I really don't think the owner of the Lakers cares for what world peace brings to the table. I think its highly possible he could be traded if you can find a team that wants a nut case. Somebody needs to set Bynum down and find out where his heads at. Also it would be nice to know if the Coach is running the team, or is it Koby thats in charge? Doesn't seem like a great game plan, when everybody in the arena knows Koby is going to take all the shots at the end of the game.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#14 [url]

May 23 12 11:26 AM

It's LA and something is in the water. All get whacked out sooner or later..Just keep them away from my Mavericks..One idiot from LA LA LAND is enough for a lifetime.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help