Lead

May 5 12 7:47 AM

Tags : :

Just think of me as the uncle who came to visit and was put in the basement out of harms way. I scour the WWW finding little bits of Longhorn news or rumors and everything you read here was done the old fashioned way. Yes, it was stolen.

It has not been a good off season for two Longhorn QB’s. Vince Young has been unable to find a job and Colt McCoy watched the Browns draft a QB to replace him. Weeden, his replacement from Oklahoma State may be the first guy in the NFL to become a starter one season and retire the next. Weeden is nearly 30 years old.  Vince is working out for the Buffalo Bills who want Vince as their Wildcat QB. I wish them both better fates.

Texas will try and continue their domination over the Georgetown Hoyas by playing them at the 2012 Jimmy V Classic. Georgetown has never beaten the Horns and will try to improve on their sorry 0-1 all time record against the mighty Texas squad.

Is Jackson Jeffcoat going to reverse a one year trend? Todd McShay of ESPN has the DE/LB going in the first round in the 2013 NFL draft. Further proving this years draft was a fluke he also has Alex Okafor going late in the first round.

DeLoss Dodds has about had it with the Big X and Pac whatever the hell they are today. He says they are such a hindrance to a playoff system that the only way to settle it  ”is for the rest of the country to have a playoff of some kind and let them do their (own) deal.  And then after five years, their coaches would go berserk because they’re not in the mix for a national championship. And they’d have to join it.” At issue is these two conferences insistence on keeping the Rose Bowl their little affair.

Seems Garrett Gilbert has found a way to play immediately at SMU. He is taking 27 hours at Texas to get his degree. Doing this he gets his degree and then can enroll in graduate school at SMU and won’t have to sit out a year. Good luck GG – I wish you all the best.

Doing it like Bama? The Crimson Tide won two National Championships with two QB’s who were just average. In 2009 they beat the Longhorns with a QB who completed just 51% of his passes and last year won another championship with another caretaker at QB.  Bama has done it with a stout defense, allowing only 8.5 points, and a running game. Can UT do the same with our seemingly average QB’s?  They were doing it last season when Brown, Bergeron and Fozzy all went down. This season Fozzy is gone but Malcolm, Joe and Jonathan all appear to be ready. The defense could be the difference anchored by two projected first round defenders in Jeffcoat and Orakpo.

In other breaking news: Head coach Mack Brown did not receive his bi-weekly contract extension and rumors are flying across Longhorn nation. Is Mack on his way out?

That is all!

Check out HornSports.Com ..I write for them..