Remove this ad

varsity

General Manager

Lead

Apr 8 12 10:02 AM

Tags : :

Guys I want in the FIRST ROUND

G, David DeCastro (Stanford) - Drafting this guy doesn't just get you a future pro bowl lineman.  It put Romo and DeMarco Murray in the pro bowl too.  Instant offense...just add DeCastro.

DE, Melvin Ingram (South Carolina) - This guy is a phenominal athlete (youtube his highlights) and would terrorize Eli Manning, Michael Vick, and RG3.  Help is on the way DeMarcus, and his name is Melvin.

S, Mark Barron (Alabama) - If we lose out on the best guard and the best pass rusher in the draft, then we could always draft the best safety.  He is a smash mouth tackler with great coverage skills.  The complete package at safety.

I read a great article on Blogging the Boys about the key to success being Passer Rating Differential.  It showed why teams with bad pass defenses (Saints, Packers, Patriots) still had success (they had high QB passer ratings) just as teams with mediocre QBs (49ers) still had similar success because of great defense.  The Cowboys who had a strong passer rating (albeit, still less than Saints, Packers, and Patriots), suffered in pass defense - creating a large gap in passer rating differential.

If we get an outstanding blocker, Romo could join the elite QBs.  If we get a stud pass rusher or great coverage safety, we improve our pass defense.  Getting the best at one of these 3 positions is a huge step in making us better.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#1 [url]

Apr 8 12 10:15 AM

I would not be upset my any of these picks..

I don't see DeCastro being there. He has been flying up all the boards..One of the other guys will be there...

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help