bevomav

Hall of Famer

Lead

Mar 23 12 4:36 PM

Tags : :

Jerry Jones Says Cowboys Will Fight Salary Cap Penality

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews....jones-addr.html

This comment hits home with me...

"I don't want to make our case here," Jones added. "But all of our contracts were approved by the league and you can't approve a contract that is in violation of league rules. You can't even get it on the books if it isn't in sync with league rules. So you start there."

Sick em Jerruh..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

varsity

General Manager

#1 [url]

Mar 23 12 7:40 PM

This whole thing is a turning into more and more of a joke.  The fact that the NFL players association were blackmailed into agreeing with the salary cap penalty in order for the salary cap to be bumped to 120 mil versus the 113 it should've been, is messed up.

Roger Goodell is a shady commish with no integrity.  You make a big deal about how you hate the lying and conspiring that went on with the Saints "Bountygate", but then you turn around and strong arm the NFLPA.  What are the players association supposed to do?  If the cap was dropped to 113 mil it wouldn't fucked up many teams and forced many players to go elsewhere.  But you know what - it would've helpd maintain a more fair competitive balance which is what he claims he is achieving by punishing the Boys & Skins.

Flat out stupid.  I'm disappointed that we have such a shady commish.  I hope Jerry nails him good.  You can't just make up your own rules as you go.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#2 [url]

Mar 23 12 9:41 PM

Ah, this was not the Commish..That's the problem, he is not involved in money matters because that is between the owners and the PA...He has repeatedly said he is not involved..but Jerry made the best point when he pointed out the league approved the deal so how could it not be a deal?

This was a bull shit deal rammed through by Tim Mara of the Giants..Plus now they are saying they have to take the penality split between 2012 and 2013. The other owners will back down or lose in court, of that I am confident.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help