Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 12 11 7:25 AM

Tags : :

They were looking good last night. The offense grooved like a clock and the defense was awesome. The first half they were on the QB big time. Fast off the ball with six sacks. Washburn and Mudd's presence were displayed last night.

The birds signed Steve Smith from under the nose of the Giants...lol. He will be a great addition. Vince Young play very well for a guy with four days practice under his belt. 

My early pick is the birds to be in the NFC championship this year. According to Rex Grossman the skinz are the team to beat this year. I'm worried. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#1 [url]

Aug 12 11 8:22 AM

Oh well if Rex Grossman says it then it must be true..Now that is a source..but I just read where Pee Wee Herman said the Cowboys are the team to beat..

Cowboys looked like shit on defense but Garrett said he had to pull Ryan back on defense..He didn't want to show his stuff in the preseason..My question for Jason is when does the experience in game situations out weigh giving stuff away?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 12 11 9:26 AM

That's a line of BS if you ask me. Yes they might hold back certain looks in preseason but so does the other team. It is a matter of execution. One thing I noticed yesterday with the eagles is these guys aren't in football shape at all. All this time off during camp will keep them from being in that shape for awhile I think. Some will say it will lead to less injuries in camp but I figure the lack of conditioning will lead to more injuries in the season.

Listening to Joe Banner speak he said the eagles planned for two years getting the cap prepared for this season's signings. He figured the cap would be lower and a lot more free agents would be available. He was right on the money with that calculation. 

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#3 [url]

Aug 12 11 9:36 AM

BTW..did you notice I started and E-A-G-L-E-S category..especially since you have no idea where to post your stuff..this will make it easier..grin

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 12 11 10:36 AM

Thanks Bev. You were right I didn't know where to put the eagles stuff. You should have a section for end of the year heartbreaks also. I am sure I will post there to as Vick, Dsean and Celek will all slip in the locker room and break something 15 minutes before the super bowl. That's the way it is in eagles land...

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#6 [url]

Aug 12 11 6:04 PM

Are you serious?  No offense parodie, but an EAGLES category don't belong on 5 rings forum.  We are just about to get this thing going and then you put that on here?

That is a disgrace to a Cowboys board.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#7 [url]

Aug 12 11 8:22 PM

Are you serious?  No offense parodie, but an EAGLES category don't belong on 5 rings forum.  We are just about to get this thing going and then you put that on here?
That is a disgrace to a Cowboys board.

-varsity

I hope you are kidding..Paro is a good friend and has been here since the beginning..Better he have a place to post than not..Once again, I hope you are kidding..

Plus, I like knowing what the opposition is doing..

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#8 [url]

Aug 12 11 9:23 PM

I'm not kidding.  This isn't a knock on Paro.  Paro is one of the more enjoyable posters to talk with despite where his loyalty lies.  I just think you have to uphold some Cowboys integrity.  I certainly wouldn't request to add a Lakers section to a board that features the Mavericks.  If it important to have a special place for Eagle stuff, then at least label it Cheesesteak Chumps or something of that nature.

Come on Bevo, this is Five Rings, not Seasame Street.  We don't lay a red carpet for Eagle fans.  They cheered when Michael Irvin was laid out with his career ending neck injury.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 13 11 4:46 AM

Well I'm surprised.... My first thought is may I remind you that the game of football albeit passionate is in fact still a game. The cowboys are a team in a game that requires competitors. What would be the point or the purpose of having a football team without competitors? Pretty boring if once every year you'd have a parade to celebrate the cowboys for their existence. Being that the game needs competitors I'd say you would want to have some information about another team. If it's the passion of the other teams fan that offends you then again why are you a football fan? Competition without passion is like being married to a sheep. Sure bangin' the old girl would be ok for a bit but how much fun would pillow talk be? You couldn't tease old bessie or point out her flaws to make yourself feel better. ( How did you like my reference to sheep? Funny how I worked in a cowboy theme in my response huh.) 

Secondly, I always viewed this board as a place for friendship. Not a militaristic board bent on all things cowboys. Friendship certainly has more value then sports don't you think? Friendship with a variety of people of different backgrounds add spice to life. Back to my cowboy sheep reference, if all your friends were sheep don't you think it would a little boring? I recognize that I am talking to a herder of sheep but damn wouldn't you like to sit down and play a little poker with the wolf once in awhile to spice things up? 

It takes a little getting use to to have friends that are cowboy fans. It is my inclination to give the old bronx cheer to the cowboys and dismiss them. I think it takes a bit or restraint from cowboys fans not to give an eagles fan the old texas titty twister and dismiss them also. But in my world I don't view the posters here as lock stepped fans with blinders on. I view them as people and brothers together in the human condition. If we can't make a little space for my brothers then what would be the point of the board to begin with? 

I will default to the desires of the rest of the posters on the board. If all ya'll decide that my presence here is without value or this board is specifically intended to be a one way conduit for cowboy football I will retire.  When hogsy comes back he will have the same issue I assume. Flash just has issues worthy of a category all his own. 

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#10 [url]

Aug 13 11 6:29 AM

Not only is Paro a good buddy but he is a Moderator..I put the section in and one other thing..I have never seen any Cowboys board that doesn't have other sections where non Cowboys fans can post..

This is not about world peace or all hard core Cowboys all the time type place..this is a place I envisioned some buddies could swap stories about pretty much anything..

At one time I had a section for all the NFC east teams..The only reason I took them down was to reduce the number of categories..I am returning one and it is not a big deal..

Time to move on..grinI don't want anyone to leave and having a board where we only talk Dallas Cowboys is boring..I hate boring..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Aug 13 11 11:18 AM

My 2 cents.
I know I don't get by here too often......although I'll probably be here more often when the actual season starts.....
But....
I got no quarrels with Paroadie. Just like I got no quarrels with Varsity.
Both of you guys post good stuff. I would hate to see either of you go anywhere.

True, the original premise of the 5 Rings was set up to have another venue for Cowboy fans to go to, and talk about the team, coaches, owner, etc...etc...
instead of the crappy, troll-filled Yahoo board, which we all know has sunk into the abyss of stupidity. The ridiculous has crossed over into the sublime.

But when there wasn't the mass membership, that we'd hoped for, it became apparent that we could use this venue to talk about other teams, other sports, and even other things NOT football related.....such as half naked women,.... or beer,..... or half naked women drinking beer.

I like the different topics and categories. Those who want to talk strictly Cowboys, can do so...and those who want to talk about other various and sundry items....well they can, too.

I like having an Eagles category......it'll give me the opportunity to find degrading and insulting Eagles pictures, and post them,...much to our amusement, and much to Paroadie's chagrin.
Good thing he's a good sport about that sort of stuff.

And when you think about it, even Yahoo has fans from other teams coming to the Cowboys section to post.
The difference is... that on Yahoo, the posts are usually from people like sackman, dingus mcdork, and other 10th grade juveniles.
At least Paroadie has intelligent things to say, even if they ARE about the Cheesesteak Chumps.

Also, look at the number of posts under each category. The Cowboys section has a quadrillion posts, whereas, the other categories have only a smattering. So this is still predominantly a Cowboys forum.

I hope both Paroadie & Varsity continue to post here.
I don't know if I want Bevo to keep posting here, though......sometimes I worry 'bout that boy.
surprise
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

And now I will end here, because it's late in the day, and I need to go about finding me a half naked woman, drinking beer.

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#12 [url]

Aug 13 11 11:57 AM

I hate when I make a point and people start arguing against a different point.  Let me try to be more clear.

#1:  I am not/have not requested that we DO NOT talk about the Eagles.  They are very much relevant to talk about and I for one will be talking about them plenty.  It surprises me a little that Paro, Bevo, and Flash seem to have gotten lost in arguing otherwise.

#2:  I have nothing against Paro.  In fact it is quite the opposite.  Even back in the yahoo days we would banter and it would be filled with some good shots at each other as well as a mutual respect.

#3:  I am not going anywhere.  Eagles category or no Eagles category - I'm not going to run away like a little bitch.  I'll admit, Bevo's initial comment of "I hope you're kidding" made me question my place on here a bit, but since that comment all 3 of you have responded with sensible things.  I'm not going to get butt sore about something so meaningless.

Paro, all 4 of your paragraphs are applaud worthy although none of them relevant to what is being debated.  NOBODY is suggesting that your presence on here is without value.  Come on Paro.  Please don't try to villianize me on this issue.

Bevo, again - everything you said is right.  And everything you said has no place towards what I was saying.

Flash actually made the most sense.  Although he reiterated the same argument that nobody was opposing, his mention of half naked women and beer made him the front runner in contributing something to the argument.

Those are my words.  All that being said, I wish Cowboy fans would see the logic behind not paying homage to one of our biggest rivals by having a category for them.  Like I said, a compromise probably exists with a category name something less flattering that just EAGLES.  We could even use this forum to determine the winning title.  Just because we are all grown up and don't act out like juveniles doesn't mean we have to all hold hands and talk about rainbows.  We are die hard Cowboy fans.  We are suppose to hate the Eagles!

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 14 11 3:26 AM

Thank you Varsity for clearing things up, and for realizing that my discussion of half naked women drinking beer made the utmost sense.......

Although, here it must be pointed out, that Varsity's reference to holding hands and conversing of rainbows, coupled with Bevo's new computer (located on another post),  has me pondering the question of whether or not Bevo and Varsity could be having clandestine rendezvous' on the sly.
Not that there's anything worng with that........

grin

Okay so let's get back to the business at hand.........which is whether or not the Iggles will win the East.
NAY, I say.

1. Does anything good EVER happen in Philadelphia ? Nope.
2. Can the Birds defeat thier worthy opponets, such as Valley View High School, or The Philadelphia School for the Blind ? Nope.
3. Can Andy Reid EVER lose any weight ? Nope
4. Will the team show up to play on their "bye" week ? Probably.

I believe that these factors will prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Eagles will NOT win the East.

Where's Paroadie when ya need him........

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#15 [url]

Aug 14 11 5:30 AM

Paro is spend his time with his new doll..oops..I mean Michael Vick action figure..That is when  he is not throwing up thinking of how we are going to torch his ass when the Green Buzzards fail..

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Aug 15 11 6:13 AM

Varsity may I respond?<Come on Paro.  Please don't try to villianize me on this issue.>

It seems to me being born a cowboys fan makes you an instant villian.

<Flash actually made the most sense.>

I rest my case because if anyone on the planet or solar system for that matter can make sense of flash.... well he or she , maybe it , must be autistic or something.

Since it is apparent that all ya'll have a certain distaste of the eagles may I suggest a wager? If the Eagles win the NFC this year the name of the Five Rings Forum will be temporarily changed to Swoop Eagles  forum for a minimum of one week. Each member here will post their love of all things Eagles including pictures of eagles apparel adorned on their person and I don't mean dead chickens hanging around your necks, eagles stuck in your grills or north easterners hanging upside down on your front porches. Something respectful. Maybe flash can wear one of his green mini skirts.... just a thought.

I watched a replay of their first preseason game.... the defensive line was awesome. Washburn is a hell of a coach so be careful of your acceptance of the wager.... Of course I figure all ya'll won't go for it cause you know the eagles are the class of the NFC this year and cowboy fans are pussies..... that was a shot at ya fellas in case you were wondering....lol.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#18 [url]

Aug 15 11 9:22 AM

Have to agree with Paro on this one point..If Flahs makes sense then you are doomed..Right Flush..

Ah, the wager..I will leave it up to the members if we accept..but..if they lose what are you offering?..and BTW..it is not possible to change the forum's name..

I bet the evil mind of Varsity can come up with an appropriate wager..What say you members..is there a bet here..

Quote    Reply   

varsity

General Manager

#19 [url]

Aug 15 11 6:32 PM

Paro, the villianizing I was talking about was more of the "can't we all get along" hoo-rah like I was throwing out respectful gamesmenship in leiu of just mindless bashing.

As far as the Flash thing, to be honest - none of you made sense.  It was all the same thing and it didn't factor against anything I was trying to say.  He mention beer and half naked girl so that makes him the winner.

And Bevo is spot on.  I think the wager idea is brilliant.  I say we alter the E-A-G-L-E-S category to Cheesesteak Chumps for this season.  If the Eagles win the division, then Paro should get the respect he is requesting and can re-name it to his liking (for as long as the Eagles remain division champs).  As a bonus, us Cowboy posters must include Eagle-friendly post for the remainder of the duration of the play-offs that may or may not include half dressed girls in Eagle jerseys.

If the Cowboys win the division, then the Cheesesteak Chumps category gets re-named the "No-Rings Forum", and Paro must oblige by posting Cowboy friendly posts with mostly naked pictures.  I think we can all be winners on this one in some way or another.  That's my initial suggestion.

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#20 [url]

Aug 15 11 8:28 PM

Sounds like a plan..I'm in and btw..messing with Flahs is a right of passage..He is fuck withable..

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help