Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

Lead

Dec 6 09 7:26 PM

Tags : :

On Tony Romo's day

7:27 PM Sun, Dec 06, 2009 |  |  ) no-repeat left top; HEIGHT: 16px; TOP: 0px; CURSOR: hand; LEFT: 0px">Yahoo! Buzz
Evan Grant/Blogger    Bio |  E-mail  |  News tips
I really do think you can absolve oft-blamed whipping boy Tony Romo for the Cowboy's loss today. Consider these numbers:
112.1: Romo's passer efficiency rating. In 20 previous games in which Romo had a rating of at least 110.0, the Cowboys were 18-2. The only loss in which Romo had a higher rating was the overtime defeat at Arizona last year. He had a 116.2 mark.
392: Yards passing for Romo on Sunday. It was a career high in passing yardage for Romo. And, of course, when he's had 300 yards, the Cowboys were pretty much guaranteed of a win. The Cowboys were 18-3 in his 300-yard games. His previous high in a loss: 321 at Arizona last year and also at Detroit in the final game of 2006.
75.0: That was his completion percentage. OK, so I rounded up from 74.545. But, forgive me for having rose-colored glasses. It was the ninth highest completion percentage of Romo's career. The Cowboys had won each of the previous eight games.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 7 09 1:34 AM

I've always given Romo the benefit of the doubt.
I used to say that I'll wait till the season's over to analyze.
Or
I'll give him one more year to speculate, or see what happens......
things like that.
Hey, he's our QB, and he's good.
Hell of a lot better than.....oh...say....Ryan Leaf....Quincy Carter.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 7 09 7:00 AM

Like it or not the cowboys played as best as they could yesterday. Romo had a good game, as best as he could have with his talent. He had some accurate throws for sure. He missed one pass that could have changed the outcome, 4th quarter to an open RW on the sidelines. Turnovers killed them but they are part of the game. What they lack is a playmaker in the WR corp. The existing corp were defended yesterday for the most part. I didn't see where any of the receivers stretched the field like a Dsean Jackson does. They ran some good routes but play making gut tearing receptions, didn't see it. Romo was good but I still don't see the elite QB that so many of you guys see. Maybe if he had the playmaker receiver I would change my mind. He is stuck on Witten, a great TE, but is he going to bust a game open on one play? Romo is not the guy to carry a team.

I'm still mad at myself for going against the eagles just to win the car. What I saw with them yesterday is a team coming together. They have lots of weapons. Maclin is coming into his own in his rookie year, McCoy is doing great and Weaver....what a player. They are gelling in December. Next Sunday night we will see how good they are against the giants. I suspect they will handle them. Birds will score 30 plus points. First 3 quarters will close but the birds will whoop em in the 4th.

Looking ahead, the cowboys have the toughest schedule and with the talent level that they have against the chargers and new orleans on paper they won't win. That leaves the deadskinz and the eagles. Is 10 and 6 good enough to get in? They might be 9 and 7 easy enough.

The Eagles have giants, san fransico, denver and dallas. Assuming they don't play down to their competition I mark the giants the 49'ers as wins. Denver should be a fight as they are in the hunt but I give the edge to philly at home against their defense. That leaves Dallas, the big showdown. Might be homefield advantage on the table for the eagles so it might be a game. I was thinking that the winner takes it, but I'm beginning to leave that scenario behind.

Eagles win the east!

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#3 [url]

Dec 7 09 7:33 AM

Paro..Please..You beat the Falcons..who had just about everyone hurt but don't go nutzoid on us..

Did you look at Romo stats and that was while NY was putting a lot of heat on him..He threw some of the best passes any QB has thrown..You like most ill-informed Cowboy haters mention the one miss all day..I mean he threw for nearly 400 yards and completed nearly 75% of his passes..

Miles Austin has 928 yards..including over a 100 yesterday..with 9 td's and averages 17.8 yards per catch..
Meanwhile...Jackson has 967 yards with 6 td's and a average of 17.5...

McNabb has a lesser QB rating than Tony and trails in all stats..including  yards per attempt..yards per game..need I go on..

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 7 09 7:50 AM

Yeah bev, I said Romo had a good day... but the team didn't come up with a much needed win when it counted. And you are right about the Falcon being depleted but a game like that is a momentum builder. The boys had an easy schedule up to this point. It is my opinion that this is a bad thing for a team. The team cannot measure themselves and then elevate their play accordingly. The east is going to finish in a dead heat and with the schedules being what they are and cowboys have a tough road. The giants have eagles, carolina, washington an minnesota. I'll give them carolina and washinton (washington will be tough) annd if the vikes are resting players they have a shot at them. They will finish at least with 9 wins and very possibly 10. That ties them with the best that the boys will do. Boys will be out.

No hate, just the facts man just the facts. The boys had to win yesterday to be in it IMHO.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 7 09 7:54 AM

Paro........I think we said it at the beginning of the season.....
It'll come down to the Eagles / Cowboys game, ....last game of the season, our records will be tied, it'll be hyped, and then over-hyped.
But somehow I can just see it coming.
I can guarantee it won't be no 44 - 6 blow-out, but I think it will come down to that game.

Dammit, I hate the Eagles.
Not quite as much as I hate the Redskins, but close to how much I hate the Giants.
Not as much as I hate the Patriots, but somewhere in the vicinity of my disdain for the Steelers.
So now you know where I stand on the Eagles.

Keep watching......the last game of the season will decide it.......besides...it's all rigged anyways......
isn't it ?

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#6 [url]

Dec 7 09 8:18 AM

Crazy stat from the Giants game..I guess time of possession means nothing..

The Giants scored 4 touchdowns:

1 minute 28 seconds
45 seconds
19 seconds
15 seconds

Quote    Reply   

hogs1

Pro Bowl Player

#8 [url]

Dec 7 09 11:15 AM

just goes to show how tough division games can be.  unless, of course, you're the Colts.  the Giants ran and defensed the run better than have for quite a few weeks.  At least well enough to keep Dallas off balance.  Still, it boils down to making plays.  The Giants made them, Dallas didn't.  Arizona made them, Minnesota didn't.  On both sides of the ball plus on special teams. Against probably the best defense they've faced so far this year the Saints made plays when they had to, albeit with a lot of help from Skins miscues.  Point is though that the Saints took advantage of them. - dang, I watched more football this weekend than I have all year.  I don't usually watch all 3 Sunday games and that on the heels of the better part of 4 college games on Saturday. -

I still say Toto is a good QB.  Just not a great one that should be counted on to have to win for you week after week.  He's not Manning, he's not Brady, he's not Brees.  He's not even Carson Palmer.  And I still say that with that O-line I'd go to a power running game and play-action with Jones as a change of pace back.  They still have a questionable defense though.
 - Is there any question that Flozell is the dirtiest player in the NFL?  - just thought I'd throw that in there. 

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#9 [url]

Dec 7 09 11:32 AM

just goes to show how tough division games can be.  unless, of course, you're the Colts.  the Giants ran and defensed the run better than have for quite a few weeks.  At least well enough to keep Dallas off balance.  Still, it boils down to making plays.  The Giants made them, Dallas didn't.  Arizona made them, Minnesota didn't.  On both sides of the ball plus on special teams. Against probably the best defense they've faced so far this year the Saints made plays when they had to, albeit with a lot of help from Skins miscues.  Point is though that the Saints took advantage of them. - dang, I watched more football this weekend than I have all year.  I don't usually watch all 3 Sunday games and that on the heels of the better part of 4 college games on Saturday. -
I still say Toto is a good QB.  Just not a great one that should be counted on to have to win for you week after week.  He's not Manning, he's not Brady, he's not Brees.  He's not even Carson Palmer.  And I still say that with that O-line I'd go to a power running game and play-action with Jones as a change of pace back.  They still have a questionable defense though.
 - Is there any question that Flozell is the dirtiest player in the NFL?  - just thought I'd throw that in there. 

-hogs1

The Saints made plays..Really?..There best play was watching the Skins field goal kicker miss an extra point field goal..but since you root..no longer for your team..Who Dat works fine..

Quote    Reply   

hogs1

Pro Bowl Player

#10 [url]

Dec 7 09 11:51 AM

The Saints made plays..Really?..There best play was watching the Skins field goal kicker miss an extra point field goal..but since you root..no longer for your team..Who Dat works fine..

well, I'd call hitting those two long TD passes, creating a fumble and moving well downfield in O.T. making plays.  Point being (again) that they took advantage of the Skins breakdowns.

although, had any one those 3 breakdowns (missed FG, giving up that last TD in regulation - which just should not happen - and the O.T. fumble) not happened I'd have been perfect in my picks.  (Even if Bama was the only one I would have actually figured on.)  go figure.
grin

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#12 [url]

Dec 9 09 8:25 AM

We played the game to win for sure, but the fumble by MBIII killed us. You can blame me as THAT WAS THE ONLY PART OF THE GAME I GOT TO SEE. YES, BLAME IT ON HATES!!!

-hateskinz

Thanks hates..I have been looking for someone to blame..You are as good as any..grin

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 9 09 8:35 AM

Thanks hates..I have been looking for someone to blame..You are as good as any..[image]

-bevomav

I will take the ass whippin' for the F'up on Sunday. I should have known better than to watch any of the game after not seeing most of the game to begin with!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Dec 9 09 11:12 AM

[image]
I vote that Hateskinz is not allowed to watch any more Cowboys games the rest of the season.
Who's with me ?

-flash

How about the ones I don't start watching? I can't just come in a the end, and I think that is the problem with the jinks. I saw winning games from start to finish.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Dec 9 09 11:46 AM

So it is said..So it is written..

-bevomav

Last time I read that statement from you it was about the Boys beating the gnats. Not sure if I trust you anymore.

And I don't have TiVo, I do have DVR... Come to think of it, that TGiving game was a bit DVRed.....caught up around half time, and then had to DVR it some more and caught up around the forth quarter...

Bevo you might be onto something other than your thumb......

Quote    Reply   

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#18 [url]

Dec 9 09 12:09 PM

Yea been watching "The Ten Comandment"..Yul loved that term..

OK..so you are restricted to the "DVR"

You sure are grumpy today..grinToo much caffene will do thatsurprise

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Dec 9 09 12:35 PM

Yea been watching "The Ten Comandment"..Yul loved that term..
OK..so you are restricted to the "DVR"
You sure are grumpy today..[image]Too much caffene will do that[image]

-bevomav

no, not grumpy, just misunderstood. and I need a nap.

BTW, this forum has private msgs right......someone might need to check their inbox.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help