Remove this ad

hogs1

Pro Bowl Player

Lead

Oct 4 09 9:18 AM

Tags : :

Don't much care for the Dawgs, but I hate LSU almost as much as I hate Florida.  But the NCAA needs to take another look at how they call penalties for celebrations.
Calls against both teams in the last minute of the games were ridiculous, and probably cost Georgia the game.  Getting bumped around after a great TD catch the Ga. receiver sorta, kinda ended up facing the end zone stands and glanced up for 1/2 a second and was flagged.  15 yards on the kickoff when all LSU needed was a field goal.  Never mind the ensuing 5 yard illegal formation on the kickoff that ended in LSU having the ball at midfield.  The penalty on LSU's TD a few plays later (and I doubt they'd have been running the football with 'normal' field position and 48 seconds left) was just as bad.  The guy dropped the ball in the end zone and pointed a finger skyward (maybe both hands I forget).  15 yards on the kickoff, the difference being that Ga needed a TD to win and less time to do it.  Anywhooooooo.... both penalties were absurd.  Worse than the NoFunLeagues rules.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

bevomav

Hall of Famer

#1 [url]

Oct 4 09 10:33 AM

The first one cost Georgia the game..If you watch the replay the official followed the receiver across the field looking for a reason to throw a flag..When they do that there will always be something..

The second was a bull shitz make up call..Covering there azzes..

Disgusting..

Quote    Reply   

hogs1

Pro Bowl Player

#2 [url]

Oct 7 09 5:05 PM

make up calls, and I agree that it was, are even more bullshit than making the first bullshit call.  someone with some responsibility should have overturned the first call.  sometimes they need replay of the refs and this was definitely one of those times.  curiously enough, all the Dawg fans on the call in show Monday morning didn't say much about it.  they were much busier moaning about Richt's play calling. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help